Peru Travel Adventure 10D - 9N
- Model: Peru Travel Adventure 10D - 9N
DAY 1: ARRIVAL IN LIMA
• Upon arrival at the Lima airport, a tour guide will meet you and show you to your airport hotel.
• Overnight in Lima
DAY 2: CUSCO (THE CAPITAL CITY OF THE INCAS)
• The tour operator will schedule a private transfer to take you from your hotel to the airport for your flight to Cusco.
• Upon arrival at the Cusco airport, a tour guide representative will meet you for the drive to the historic center.
• Arriving mid-day at your hotel, you will have the rest of the day to relax and explore. Since Cusco is located at 11,300 feet in elevation, during this first day you may want to take it slow to acclimatize. Nevertheless, this is a good chance to wander about the main square, with its many cafes and stores, or even visit a museum. There are also many options for casual and/or fine dining.
DAY 3: CUSCO ( CITY TOUR)
• Spend the morning at your leisure. This is a good time to explore some of Cusco’s less-visited attractions including the famous San Pedro Market, the bohemian neighborhood of San Blas, or one of Cusco’s many fine museums.
• In the afternoon, an expert guide will take you to some of the world’s best archeological sites, including the beautiful Cusco Cathedral, the sacred Temple of the Sun or Qoricancha, and the spectacular Sacsayhuaman fortress.
• In the late afternoon, you’ll return to your Cusco hotel. Spend the evening at your leisure enjoying the local cuisine, music, and the splendor of Cusco at night.
DAY 4: CUSCO ( SACRED VALLEY OF THE INCAS )
• Explore the beautiful Peruvian countryside with a full-day tour of the magical Sacred Valley, home to several royal estates of Incan emperors. First, you will visit the town of Pisac, famous for its bustling indigenous market and for the beautiful Incan ruins on the hillside overlooking the city. Following your visit to Pisac, you will stop for lunch (not included) at a buffet restaurant offering a variety of Peruvian and international food near the town of Urubamba, named after the sacred river that flows through the region.
• Next, you will visit the spectacular fortress of Ollantaytambo. These magnificent Incan ruins were part of the royal estate of the Incan emperor Pachacuti. Later, you will be taken to your comfortable hotel in the Sacred Valley. If you’ve selected a hotel in Ollantaytambo, you can continue exploring the traditional Incan town at your leisure.
DAY 5: MACHU PICCHU ( A WONDERFUL DAY )
• After breakfast at your Sacred Valley hotel, you will take a train to Machu Picchu, the hidden Inca citadel.
• This hour-and-a-half to two-hour train journey is one of the most scenic in the world, winding through mountains, river valleys, high jungle, and mystical cloud forests. Upon arrival in Aguas Calientes, the town at the base of Machu Picchu, you will be met at the train station and accompanied to the bus station for a 20-minute ride up to the citadel.
• Next, you will meet your expert, English-speaking guide for a tour of the most important sites in Machu Picchu, including the Intihuatana (Sun Stone), the Sun Temple, and the Room of 3 Windows. Plus you’ll be able to marvel at lush mountains that mystically conceal the ruins. In the late afternoon, you will take a comfortable train back to Cusco and then be transferred to your Cusco hotel for the evening.
➢ Optional: If you would like to spend more time at Machu Picchu, this package can be customized to include an overnight stay in Aguas Calientes, which will allow you to make a second visit to the enigmatic citadel. On this second day, a Huayna Picchu and/or Machu Picchu Mountain hike can be added to your itinerary, to get a bird’s eye view of the ruins.
DAY 6: RAINBOW MOUNTAIN ( A DAY TO WALK )
• 04:00 am – 04:40 am Pick-ups from our hotel.
• Arrive at Cusipata and have breakfast.
• Trek to the peak of Rainbow Mountain walking through stunning and colorful scenery.
• Reach the peak of the mountain. Once at the top, enjoy the view of the majestic mountains surrounding the area.
• Return to the starting point where the transportation awaits.
• Lunch before heading back to Cusco.
• Arrive back at Cusco.
DAY 8: CUSCO TO LIMA
• Arrival at Lima airport. Inmidiatly bus ride to paracas
• Arrival in Paracas, visit the National Reserve of Paracas.
• Overnight at Paracas hotel.
DAY 9: BALLESTAS ISLANDS AND OASIS OF HUACAHINA
After traveling to Paracas, you’ll embark on a boat tour of the Ballestas Islands, regularly compared to the Galapagos Island, to see colonies of sea lions and seals. Then, explore the Huacachina desert in a dune buggy and go sandboarding.
• Take a boat tour of the Ballestas Islands, a natural haven in Paracas
• Admire sea lions, seals, and rare species of bird in their natural environment Ride a dune buggy and go sandboarding in the desert oasis of Huacachina
• return to Lima by bus.
DAY 10: THE ADVENTURE ENDED
• Transfer hotel - airport
All fees are based on double occupancy